Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wow... I am LAZY.

It has certainly been a while since I updated this blog and SOOOOOOO much has happened.

Caleb and Sydney have completed the 2009-10 school year successfully. It is hard to believe that they will be 4th and 1st graders next year. Where in the WORLD has the time gone?!?

I am looking forward to summer break, just about a month left for me and I will be at home with my kids. I am thankful for this job and the time it allows me with my family.

We have so much going on in our house it is just crazy. Sydney recently started taking tumbling and cheerleading classes at Gym-Fit in Marshall. That keeps us on the road 2 night a week. She is now a member of the Gym-Fit USA Spirit All-Stars Cheerleading squad. This is really her "thing" and she loves every moment. Her skills are developing nicely, she recently finally got the backhandspring independently. I wouldn't say she has "mastered" it yet, but she is well on her way. She is also now a "flyer." Eeeek! That means she is the one being thrown around in the air... something that she loves and can't get enough of. I just hold my breathe and hope for the best. I have complete confidence in her skills and the expertise of her coaches- so it will all be ok. Right?

Caleb is now a Weebelo scout and I am so incredibly proud of him. He has earned his bobcat, wolf, and bear ranks and we will start working toward the Webelo rank this summer. Phil has really taken the Cub Scout thing by the reins and works with Caleb all the time. Caleb is growing and becoming quite the young man. (Little brag here: Caleb won 2nd in his Den in the Pinewood Derby this year- he won 3rd the year before... only 1st left for next year!)

Summer is really here... it is going to be a HOT one. Which means fire season and Phil on assignment... but hey... it's part of it. Phil did break down and buy me an alarm system for the house this week so that staying alone won't be quite so stressful on me. I am relieved!

So before it gets too hot and Phil is gone we are spending some time CAMPING. We spent a weekend in May at Martin Creek Lake State Park with the Cub Scouts and will be spending this weekend at Lake O'the Pines with my best friend and her family and a college friend and her crew. So looking forward to this one. The kids will have a ball... and so will the adults!

When I get a chance I will get some pictures up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment