Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm all EARS...

Sydney has talked about getting her ears pierced on and off for about a year. The last time we were visiting my parents my mom offered to take her to have her ears pierced. She freaked out. No, she wasn't ready and told us that she had to be six. I really haven't mentioned it to her since, and she has not mentioned it either.

Imagine my surprise when I picked the kids up from the sitter on Wednesday and Sydney told me first thing that she needed to have her ears pierced. The sitter said that she had been telling her the same thing all day and wasn't sure where it came from. We talked it over with her Daddy and it was decided that we would let her get them pierced.

So today after we attended Sydney's meet the teacher (Caleb's was yesterday evening), Caleb, Sydney and I headed to the mall in Longview to get her ears pierced at Claire's. To be honest, I thought she would chicken out. I had been trying to prepare her for the past couple of days that it will hurt for a few minutes- and tell her what to expect. When we got out of the car, all she asked was if she could bring her little stuffed kitty with her. We went into the mall and into Claire's- they were just finishing up piercing a teenage boys ears. She hopped up in the chair, picked out some adorable 14K earrings that are pink stones in a flower. When they put the first one in, she didn't even flinch! The second earring caused a slight grimace (becuase she knew what was coming). But there were no tears! Not a whimper. NOTHING. I couldn't believe it!

So now Sydney has pierced ears and she is SO proud- she tells everyone she sees!

2 comments: