Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School...


Hard to believe that my babies are 8 and 5... in the 3rd grade and kindergarten. Where did the time go? They are so grown up. I am proud of myself, I did not cry at all today. I was strong- and it was TOUGH!

Sydney was up and dressed by 7am, Caleb was a bit tougher to get up, but once he was up and ready he was absolutely NOT interested in taking pictures (which is easy to see). I managed to get a few before Caleb just absolutely refused anymore. Sydney would have kept smiling. She really is such a ham. We got in the car and off we went. Since Caleb and Sydney's schools literally sit back to back we decided to walk Syd in and then walk Caleb to class. First off, Caleb is in 3rd grade and did not want to be walked in, he wanted to be dropped off. He was very unhappy about going through the Primary school to take Sydney to class. All the teachers remember him and all said "good morning Caleb," which was usually me with a grumble.
We got Sydney to her class and settled in. She was so happy to see a friend from her Pre-K class last year and she sat down to color. She waved goodbye and was off. Caleb was glad to finally get out of the Primary and over to his school. We passed his new Sp. Ed teacher in the hall and he actually talked to her... getting happier by the moment. We went into his new class. Several boys were really happy to see him- it is so great to see that he has made so many friends over the year. He took his seat next to friend Darren. I asked if I could take his picture. HIs response? "Moooommmmmm, we took pictures at home." Nonetheless I snapped a few anyway, much to his dismay.
After that Phil and I were out of there. It still seems so strange that they are so big. They were just babies the other day.
Both of them had great days at school, love their teachers, classes and everything. I think this is giong to be a great year. And we couldn't be more proud of both of them.

2 comments:

  1. I hope they both have an excellent year.

    Jacob loves his new teacher and I know last year's teacher totally engineered this class for him. He's surrounded by kids he knows and trusts and those bully boys are elsewhere.

    But, of course, that didn't stop me from giving them both nasty looks at lunch the other day.

    Why yes, I am 40. But don't mess with my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan was completely against the picture ritual as well. He just wanted to get on the bus--know off the nonsense and lets get this party started!

    Go Andria!

    ReplyDelete